Bugs


The Honey Bee

Oh honey bee you buzz so soft
Against the summers wind
You spread the seeds of beauty
So the colors can bloom again

Honey bee oh honey bee
With honey in my milk
The flowers on my tabletop
Have petals so like silk

Honey bee oh honey bee
Where is your queen indeed?
You mate with her and give her food
In her you plant your seed

Your drawn to what is soft and sweet
Flowers who cannot move
Their posture sweet, compliant
Pledging to give you food.

Is that what makes your service right
What makes your service good?
The giving flowers waiting and
Always providing food?

Your queen awaits you clean her room
You make sure that she eats
If she dies your family will know
A natural defeat

Honey bee oh honey bee
The world oh so needs you
I remember honeybee, my love
That you need those flowers too.

The Butterfly

The butterfly, the butterfly
Fought against the wind
Flying hard with pretty wings
Beating to summers hymn

Fuzzy worm crawling no more
He grew in a cocoon
And fought with strength to emerge
In the heat of summers high noon

Black and gold and wonderful
The butterfly so looks
For his mate to procreate
Along the mountain brook

He started out inching forth
Along the limb of a tree
Eating nonstop the greenest leaves
Set on finding me

He drank the nectars of the field
And when he saw me there
He flew to me with boldened wings
Seducing me with his flare

The days of inching forth are done
We flutter together now
We dance together in the air
Simply ‘cos we know how

Black and gold and wonderful
We plant our seeds again
To watch the life of a catepillar
Fight to fly again.

The Mosquito

They whine nonstop in summer’s heat
Their whine constant, need not repeat
They flourish in the swampy mud
Craving life, craving your blood

I ran from them and ran to you
My wounds a reddened bloody hue
You saved me and you held me tight
Appeasing my ignited fright

Scars were then left everywhere
Their whine permeating the thin air
You grabbed my hand and ran with me
Away from that sad swampy tree

They followed us and we ran
They were spread out along the land
We shut the door you held me tight
And rubbed my wounds in the moonlight

I cannot get rid of the bug
Despite our rampant singing love
One followed us into our room
I saw it in the light of the moon

I let him land upon my arm
And let him do his plotted harm
And once so fattened with my blood
Tried to fly far up above

Slow flying from his given feast
I followed the fat tiny beast
And with you watching in the room
Upon my victim I did loom

I caught him in my hands you see
Because of what it did to me
You smiled at it’s tiny death
And now I could finally rest

I sleep with you now patiently
But I remember the swampy tree
And sometimes in the quiet night
Their whine does waken me in fright.

The Praying Mantis

I was born
in the posture
of
constant
Hope.

Amen.

The Fly

Oh my dear, what can I say
I’m in your face every good day
Reminding you that I love death
I’m waiting for your final rest

Sure! I carry dark disease
And I spread it with good ease
I’m hunting for death day and night
Despite your childish whims and frights

Oh reader if you only knew
Of what was good and what as true
Of my role in this strange world
My reasons lost in the great whirl

If bodies lay around so dead
There’d be no room for life instead
Full Death would not so come to thee
So I’m important now you see-

I feast upon the still and gone
It not all life would go all wrong
So when your done living your life
Death will come without cursed strife

You hold her now upon your bed
Wishing that you’ll ne’er be dead
But one day I’ll feast upon you
Because death comes that’s good and true

And when you lay her your last kiss
You’ll lay in bed old age in bliss
And life will then become repose
But life goes on and this I know-

So love me reader I entreat
And see me not as your defeat
I pass you onto the next life
You will rejoin your lovely wife

Swat me away but I will stay
As death will come I’ll get my way
And pass you unto the next life
So kiss your lovely, lovely wife.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wallie and the Mirror

Flabbergasted

Winter's Gnome