The Sense of the Sea


Digging for Seahorses

We’re sitting by the seaside
with the secrets of the sea
beckoning to us with waves that
lap up to our knees:

Dig, said a gentle wave
and see what you will find.
we dug so at the seas request
admist the nights moonshine

And there they were the seahorses
laying in a sandy tomb
Oh no, they said to us this is our
secret womb.

They glistened in the moonlight
and shook with childish glee
indicating to us that they wanted
the good sea.

So I stood and picked one up
and what did my mind find:
a daydream oh so beautiful
a walk with him, while blind:

The daydream was of Seahorse
swimming  hard into the sea:
pregnant with the mystery
the sea is known to be.

fragile so so precious
I let my Seahorse go
knowing that his beauty in my daydreams
I will know-

You walk with your good seahorse
in a lovely daydream gaze
the seahorse that you hold
brings forth dreams that so amaze-

We dug and dug and wanted
the seahorses to return
giving us the dreamy state
where we could freely yearn-

A seahorse then leaped up and said
your dreams will always go,
to the place where your hearts yearn for
the secrets that you know…

The Sense of the Sea

You lay in a mass before me
and as the tide would turn,
my yearning to understand you
turns into a loving burn-

I cannot understand your mass
for you so mean too much
And I’m always mystified so by the
soothing of your touch.

The fact that storms brew strongly
but you keep them from the shore
the shore where you keep all
that you love, all you adore.

I wade in knee deep water
knowing that your depths of sea
are so deep and complex
that you so evade me

You turn and touch and reach toward me
then as the moon would turn
you abate and quiet
and again I start to yearn

So much of you covers my world
so much i cannot see
the mystery of your great mass
will always humble me.


The Passion of the Sea

Passionate, my sea rose up and splashed hard
amongst the shore
he covered me with wetness
and thrusted forth for more

The sea was full of passion
when one night he said to me
Your world is mine, your world is mine
give in, submit to the sea.

Drowning in his passion
I let him deluge me
letting each wave control my limbs
which scramble in ecstacy

Every storm he kept from me
that he kept from the salty shore
made him full of  passion
-his explosion, I adore.

Yes,
the sea was passionate 
he caught me in a wave
he suddenly stormed up knowing
he’d be in my loves grace.

The sea in passion could kill me still
but i so trust the shore
where he keeps me safe from him
where I always thirst for more

The sea in passion captures me
and every moment he wins
i wait for the waves to abate
until he needs me again

Oh the sea, oh yes my sea
you see how I need you
I love my sea, my massive sea
my love is yours and true

Feeling my love and sated now
the sea does settle in
sleeping with me peacefully
until he storms again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wallie and the Mirror

Flabbergasted

The Knock of the Devil