A Tree Sprung from the Ground


A Tree Sprung from the Ground
Who knew what such good strength could form
without a single sound
A tree sprung up so from a seed
and burst forth from the ground.

He caught the rays of sunshine
and he drank from heavy rain
he withstood wind and thunder
and made no sound of pain.

A tree so sprung up from the ground
and oh so quietly
let me play on his strong limbs
and stood there patiently.

Laughing I swing from his branch
as he stood so quietly
taking in the steady rays
standing so strong for me.

Swinging. laughing I then run
around so happily
As he stood firm and beautiful
Watching me be so free

His season’s here his leaves so flush
swaying slightly to the wind
I gravitate so heavily 
to the shade I’m in.

I’ll never leave my tree I say
and hug his sturdy limbs
I love him, love him oh so much!
My savior- it is him!

How My Tree Reaches
Standing in my room one night
I think of my good tree.
I look outside my window
and I’ll tell you what I see

My tree he branches up and out
his silhouette so clear
showing me the difference
of what is far and near:

The sky is high above us
the sun is farther more
but both manage to touch us
in both wind and sunny warmth.

I look at my trees shadow
so mysterious to me
I raise my arms up in attempt
to reach up like my tree.

I take a leaf he shed for me
and hold it to me close
remembering that i’m the one,
the one he loves the most!

i watch my tree catch the rays
of the morning sun
always feeling, with my tree
our days are one and won!


My Tree and Winter Wind
One day was dark and cloudy
and the sun seemed nowhere near
and nothing appeared lovely
the sky low, dark, unclear

My tree stood firm and heavy
swaying in the darkest winds
his trunk was so unmoving
as he bent to winters hymn,

“I come to chill the earth, yes
I come to strip the trees
I come to bare earth naked
bringing all to shaken knees.”

My tree withstood this threatening,
hard, turbulent song,
said to me,
“Flower, with my roots you’ll see
nothing will go wrong.”

I watched from my good room
where he so shelters me
and prayed for my Great Love-
my great omnipotent Tree!

Soon enough the clouds they spread
and I run to my tree,
blanketed in all the warmth
that he afforded me.

I gasp and look and cry to him
for I can hardly see
the twigs and branches that reach up
and are so dear to me

Covered in the icy storm
the ice hung from my tree
he never looked to strong
never so beautiful to me

I rush to move them from his twigs
he said,
All is ok.
I was born to withstand storms, love,
it is for you I sway. 

So I stood back and looked at him
as again he stood so strong
with my good tree, yes my great tree
no nothing,
nothing could go wrong. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wallie and the Mirror

Flabbergasted

The Knock of the Devil